Many people are consistent with their yearly visits to the physician, but sadly, there are a lot of individuals who believe their dental health can take a back seat. There is a good reason why it is recommended that you visit your dentist
in Fishers, IN at least every six months: Preventative dentistry
can help you to avoid some common and easily solved dental problems, saving you time, money, and even pain.
Problems Prevented by Visiting the Dentist
While visiting a dentist
like Dr. Jeremy Jones
will not necessarily keep every tooth problem at bay, a regular checkup can help lower your risk for the following:
- Cavities: Jones and our friendly staff can regularly inspect your mouth with each visit, checking for tooth sensitivity and any erosion that could lead to cavities. A quick look-over and a little bit of touchup work could save you from needing a more invasive procedure later.
- Toothaches: There are a few different reasons why a tooth may start to cause pain, but our staff can head off the problem before you even know it is there with a routine inspection.
- Gum Disease: Unless you receive treatment quickly, gum disease – also known as periodontitis – can worsen, leading to problems such as receding gums, sensitive teeth, and tooth loss. We can clean your teeth and treat the gum disease before it becomes problematic.
- Oral Cancer: Our staff can screen you for signs of oral cancer – which is more treatable the earlier it is identified.
Proper Care for Teeth at Home
You do not have to wait for your visit to dentist
, Dr. Jones in Fishers, IN to practice preventative oral care. You can take an active part in preventing these problems through good oral hygiene.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and after each meal. Be sure to brush the front, top, and back of each tooth.
- Floss your teeth daily to prevent the buildup of bacteria between teeth.
- Schedule a visit with your dentist for emergencies.
Schedule a Dental Checkup Today
If it has been more than six months since your last dental checkup, contact
Dentistry of Fishers today to schedule a visit with Dr. Jones.