When considering tooth fillings, one of the options available are composite fillings which are made from durable plastics that are similar in color to natural teeth. Because the composite fillings are tooth-colored, they look more natural and are less noticeable compared to other types of fillings.
Another benefit of tooth-colored fillings is that they are compatible with sealants allowing your dentist to perform both procedures in a single sitting preventing further decay. There are other advantages to composite, tooth-colored fillings, most importantly the capability of bonding to tooth structure. Also in many cases they can be repaired by addition of more composite material.
Speak with our dentist to find out which kind of filling is best for you.
If you live in or around Fishers, IN or the greater Indianapolis, IN areas, call or schedule an appointment today.
- Do not eat on your new filling for one hour and until your numbness is gone.
- If you are supervising children who had fillings done, make sure they don’t bite on their numb lips or tongue (it can cause serious injury to their soft tissue).
- Do not bite hard or chew on silver amalgam fillings for 24 hours.
- You may experience cold and heat sensitivity and some gum soreness; this usually subsides within a few days.
- Call our office if you experience pain or discomfort for more than a few days after the fillings, or if you have any questions.