Sleep Apnea Treatment Can End Daytime Tiredness and Snoring
Snoring? It May Be More Than You Think.Are you struggling to wake up in the mornings, feeling more tired than you did when you went to sleep the night before? Find yourself waking up choking or gasping for air? These and the following symptoms may be indications that you have obstructive sleep apnea:
- Chronic headaches
- Feeling drowsy throughout the day
- Waking up with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Insomnia, or difficulty staying asleep
- Irritability or inability to focus
Dentistry Of Fishers: Giving You the Best Treatment You Deserve in Fishers, IN
80% of Sleep Apnea Cases Go Undiagnosed
Unfortunately, because the key symptoms are only prominent at night, most cases of moderate to severe sleep apnea go untreated. But this serious medical condition poses greater health risks than just lost sleep:
- Higher risk of stroke
- Heart failure
Get a Full Night’s Sleep with Effective Treatment OptionsIf you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, or believe you may have the condition, Dentistry Of Fishers dentist Dr. Jeremy Jones, a Dawson Academy-trained dental professional, can help you get on the right track to a full night’s sleep with the following options:
- Home Sleep Studies During a home sleep study a portable device will be used to measure your level of airflow and respiratory effort while you sleep to help us determine whether you may have sleep apnea.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) CBCT helps in the diagnosis of sleep apnea by taking a 3D scan of your mouth. This scan allows Dr. Jones to see if there are any dental concerns, such as a bite misalignment, that may be causing the airway to collapse during sleep.
- Oral Appliances Oral appliances for sleep apnea are similar to bite guards, and work to prevent the airway from collapsing or becoming obstructed by holding the jaw and tongue in a desirable forward position.