Dr. Jones and the team at Dentistry of Fishers want to ensure you that your health is our highest priority.
We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health.
As part of our normal daily operations, we continue to observe the following safeguards against the spread of disease.
These are the standards that we have abided by from the day we opened our doors to ensure that Dentistry of Fishers is one of the safest places to be:
- Before you enter the examining room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical-grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital-grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Disposable dental tools and needles are always disposed of and never reused.
- All staff involved in patient care use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team disinfects their hands and puts on a new pair of gloves and mask. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We frequently clean and disinfect the lobby area and reception counter multiple times throughout the day, and are even more diligent today.
- Any Dentistry of Fishers team member that has any symptoms of a cold or flu are not permitted on the premises and are advised to stay at home for the safety of our patients and other team members.
On top of this, we want you to feel more comfortable and are increasing our investment in your health and well-being by offering the following safeguards:
- A Dentistry of Fishers team member has been assigned to wipe down and disinfect all high traffic surfaces including the countertops at the lobby, water refrigerator and all handles to doors on an hourly basis. Again, each treatment room is thoroughly disinfected between every patient.
- All patients will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every patient visit.
- In our waiting area, we have installed a medical-grade H13 true Hepa air filtration unit to safely remove 99.97% of airborne particles including pollen, ragweed & other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores & cigarette smoke.
- We have installed needle-point bi-polar ionization into our HVAC units, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor. When the ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die.
- Hand sanitizer is offered at our front desk and in every treatment room.
What We Require From Our Patients:
- If you are sick, running a fever, coughing or not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We are happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge and we thank you for considering the health of others.
- If you are healthy and you come for your regular appointment, please use a tissue when coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water afterward. Using a hand sanitizer of 60% alcohol concentration is also acceptable for washing hands. We offer hand sanitizer at the front desk and in every operatory!
- If you have traveled to any areas outside of U.S. within two weeks of your scheduled appointment, please contact our office and reschedule.
We are here to serve our patients, and our highest priority is to keep our community safe and healthy. We can assure you that Dentistry of Fishers is one of the safest places to be during this time, and having the proper dental treatment is one way to make your body healthier. Having untreated dental or oral infections in your mouth can negatively affect your immune system!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 317-773-1618 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, we are committed to your health and well-being and we look forward to seeing you at Dentistry of Fishers for your oral health treatments.
Dr. Jones and the Team at Dentistry of Fishers